Power Tools For an Explosive Life: Empowered not Entitled
“IT IS FINISHED!”
Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, ‘I am thirsty.’ A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus’ lips. When He had received the drink, Jesus said, ‘It is finished.’ With that, He bowed His head and gave up His spirit. John 19:28-30 (NLT)
tetelestai (te-tel-les’-ty); to end, complete, execute, discharge (a debt).
The prophetic word of God should give us the courage to follow through even when it’s hard.
The promises of God are to be sought and worked out. They do not fall from the sky and promote you by chance.
We have left way too much of our obedience to His Word and displaying His character to chance.
WE ALL HAVE UNFINISHED BUSINESS AND STOP SHORT WHEN THINGS GET UNCOMFORTABLE.
…I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your deeds complete in the sight of my God. Revelation 3:1-2 (NLT)
However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace. Acts 20:24 (NLT)
STRONG AT THE END AND AT EVERY BEND
MAKING DECISIONS THAT SEE YOUR RESOLVE LAST AND YOUR INTENTIONS SEEN.
MAKING DECISIONS THAT SEE THE FATHER’S CHARACTER DISPLAYED AND HIS WORD OBEYED.
STRONG FINISHING DECISIONS
Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Will he not first sit down and estimate the cost to see if he has enough money to complete it? For if he lays the foundation and is not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule him, saying, ‘This fellow began to build and was not able to finish.’ Luke 14:28-30 (NLT)
Things get left undone when the costs disrupt the desire.
‘Father, if You are willing, take this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done.’ Luke 22:42 (NLT)
His will is to see His Father’s character revealed and His Word obeyed.
A FINISHED DECISION:
MOTIVATES YOU TO ENDURE SHORT-TERM PAIN FOR LONG-TERM GAIN. (Hebrews 12:2, 1 Corinthians 9:24-27)
DIMINISHES NEGATIVE INFLUENCE. (Hebrews 12:1)
Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completionof it, according to your means. 2 Corinthians 8:11 (NLT)
…being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6 (NLT)
WHO WILL BE NUMBER ONE IN YOUR LIFE?
But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve…But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15 (NLT)
Jesus is our finisher. He does not finish it for you but gives us the courage to follow through and finish it for Him.
Prayers don’t go unheard, confessions go unsaid.
Love isn’t given as an investment to see a return, it is given away completely and sacrificially.
Seed is not sown only when a crop is assured, but whenever, wherever, and to whoever.
Let’s get our business complete and make a new level of commitment to Jesus.
IDENTIFY YOUR UNFINISHED BUSINESS…
Extra Notes – The Promises of Jesus.
• Born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:21-23)
• Born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2, Matthew 2:1; Luke 2:4-7)
• Would enter Jerusalem as a king on a donkey (Zechariah 9:9; Matthew 21:4-9)
• Would be rejected by Jews (Psalm 118:22; I Peter 2:7)
• Die a humiliating death (Psalm 22; Isaiah 53)
• Sold for thirty pieces of silver (Zechariah 11:12; Matthew 26:14-15
• Betrayed by a friend (Psalm 55:12-14; Matthew 26:49-50
• Disciples forsook Him (Zechariah 13:7; Matthew 26:56)
• Accused by false witnesses (Psalm 35:11; Matthew 26:59-60)
• Spit on Him (Isaiah 50:6; Matthew 27:30)
• Silent before His Accusers (Isaiah 53:7; Matthew 27:12-14)
• Wounded and bruised (Isaiah 53:5; Matthew 27:26)
• Hands and feet pierced (Psalm 22:16; Luke 23:33)
• Crucified with thieves (Isaiah 53:12;Mark 15:27-28)
• Prayed for His persecutors (Isaiah 53:12;Luke 23:34)
• People ridiculed Him (Psalm 22:8; Matthew 27:41-43)
• Took his clothes and cast lots (Psalm 22:18; John 19:23-24)
• His forsaken cry (Psalm 22:1;Matthew 27:46)
• Gall and vinegar given Him (Psalm 69:21; John 19:28-29)
• Bones not broken (Psalm 34:20; John 19:33)
• Committed Himself to God (Psalm 31:5; Luke 23:46)
• His side pierced (Zechariah 12:10; John 19:34-37)
• Darkness over the land (Amos 8:9; Matthew 27:45)
• Buried in a Rich Man’s tomb (Isaiah 53:9; Matthew 27:57-60)
• Would rise from the dead!! (Psalm 16:10; Mark 16:6; Acts 2:31)
• Ascend into Heaven (Psalm 68:18; Acts 1:9)
• Would sit down at the right hand of God (Psalm 110:1; Hebrews 1:3)