Day 3: Relationship With God
Pray for your spouse’s spiritual journey, that they may grow closer to God and find guidance and purpose in their faith. Give thanks for the aspects of the relationship with God that you admire. Ask the Father how you can continue to promote those spiritual strengths. Give thanks for the personality trait/s of God that you see most in your spouse.
Here is how the challenge works:
1. Both of you pray aloud giving each other space to express your prayers.
2. Your prayer is between you and the Father. It’s not a lecture or a dig at your spouse. The intimacy of this process is formed by simply praying to the Father and allowing your spouse to listen in.
3. Meditate on the challenge for the day before praying together.
4. If you feel vulnerable, remember to stay vulnerable before the Father and not worry about what your spouse is thinking.
5. If you are second to pray don’t use your prayer as a retort or feel your prayer isn’t as good as your spouses.
6. Prayer through the challenge seeking change in your heart and in your approach.
Here are the daily subjects that vl will be expanded in each day:
1. Love and Support
2. Health and Well-being
3. Spiritual Growth
4. Wisdom and Decision Making
5. Unity and Communication
Remember that prayer is a personal and intimate act, so feel free to tailor these prayers to your specific situation and needs.